Online ProctorU Math Placement Exam
During the current coronavirus (COVID-19) situation, we are following the UC San Diego guidelines and canceled all on-campus testing for the spring quarter. We are offering ProctorU through September 30, 2020 to meet all enrollment needs.
Student-paid MPE remote sessions via Proctor (for $20) are open. To sign up for an account and register for an exam use this link: https://go.proctoru.com/invitations/open-invite?token=Mzk0NTI1NG9wZW4taW52aXRl
- Appointments must be scheduled at least 72 hours in advance. Last minute exam appointments are charged an extra fee payable by the student.
- Students must present a photo ID (may use a school ID card) and have obtained their UC San Diego Personal Identification Number (PID) prior to taking the MPE with ProctorU.
- ProctorU exams require PC or Mac, Internet, webcam, audio, and Google Chrome (Chromebooks are not compatible with the ProctorU system and may not be used)
Note: Students should review the MPE via ProctorU presentation prior to scheduling their exam, click on this link: MPE ProctorU Guidelines
To View Your Results
MPE results are processed and posted every Monday and Thursday (at minimum) for the previous days. Check the dates below with the latest posting.
- Last date results were processed: Monday, June 29, 2020
- The next date results will be processed: Thursday, July 2, 2020
To view your results. You must use your TritonLink login with your PID as the username.
Students must wait at least 60 days before attempting to retake a Math Placement Exam. MPE results from students who retake prior to the 60 day waiting period will not be processed. Students are expected to enforce the retake policy when registering for and attending an exam session.
What you Need for Testing
The following items are needed and permitted for testing:
- Your UCSD PID number. Your results cannot be posted if you do not use your PID number.
- A current photo ID. Accepted IDs include: UC San Diego ID card, State ID or Passport, or High School ID (for first-year students)
- #2 pencil and eraser
- Calculators are permitted, except for CAS calculators
- 2 sheets of blank paper
Starting June 3, 2020, ProctorU exams will cost $20. Students must use a valid credit card to register to take the MPE via ProctorU from June 1 through September 30, 2020.
Go to ProctorU to schedule a testing appointment from June 3 through September 30, 2020.
- Schedule appointments 72 hours in advance with ProctorU.
- No exams will be scheduled or taken after September 30, 2020.
- Exam appointments are limited.
- Schedule well in advance to avoid additional charges.